Community Family Support Programme
Support For Families
This project is part fund by the European Social Fund
If your family needs help, support is available. For instance, if you or
a family member isn't in education, employment or training, you will get help
and advice to address your needs and access to a range of positive
Your family will receive help and support to address any health, social and economic issues that impact your daily lives.
Family members aged 13 to 16 years will also receive support to address their educational needs.
Family support workers will meet and speak to your family to help you find ways to tackle your own specific challenges and needs.
The support provided on the programme is directly matched your own and may include help with:
- Accessing suitable education, employment and training opportunities
- Developing skills to find work, creating CVs, job-searching and preparation for job interview
- Self-confidence, motivation, social skills and other personal issues
- Parenting and life skills, encouraging better relationships within families
- Healthy living, stress management and alcohol or drug misuse
- Money management, benefit advice, isolation, domestic abuse and housing
Access to Specialist Support
Your family support worker, in partnership with specialist support organisations, will help your family get any specialist help you need, such as help for drug and alcohol misuse, debt management, family counselling, truancy at school or other health and social issues.
Taking Part in the Programme:
Your family can take part in the programme if you:
- Have a young person in the family aged 16+ not in education or training
- Have health, social, economic, educational, employment and training issues
- Are committed to seeking ways to improve your lives
How to Join the Programme:
You can can find out further information or join the Community Family Support Programme by contacting People 1st as follows:
Telephone or Text:
Lisburn area, contact Corriene on 07436535387
North Down Area, contact Teri on 07436535389
Ards Area, contact Colleen on 07436535390
Castlereagh Area, contact Melanie on 07436535388