Exciting job opportunity available!
25 April 2017
Student Support Officer
JOB TITLE: Student Support Officer
CONTRACT LOCATION: Lurgan
RESPONSIBLE TO: Centre Manager
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Trainees participating on the Training for Success programme
CONTRACTED HOURS: 37.5 per week
SALARY: CIRCA £22,000
The Student Support Officer will recruit for and manage the trainee journey, planning and executing interventions and supporting the move of trainees into employment or further education. To achieve individual and team targets related to trainee engagement, achievements of qualifications identified in the training programmes, job entry and job sustainment. To deliver excellent customer service and comply with internal processes to ensure minimum contractual standards of service are met. To support trainees to overcome issues which prevent them from entering the labour market, further education or apprenticeship programmes via a person-centred, flexible approach of mentoring, training and employment support.
DUTIES OF THE POST
- Market and promote the programme to trainees, schools, employers and all other stakeholders.
- Manage the trainee journey undertaking recruitment, induction, assessment, achievement and progression towards employment, Further Education or Apprenticeship programmes.
- Identify trainees’ needs through a training needs analysis offering advice and guidance during initial interview and induction stage and signpost to 3rd party provision where appropriate.
- Co-ordinate training, resources and support to enable trainees to achieve their aims.
- Manage a caseload of trainees, reviewing their progress in order to achieve personal and team targets.
- Source and manage working relationships with 3rd party providers, complementary provision and employers, schools and other stakeholders.
- Organise employer seminars to promote the engagement of employers to identify skills requirements and vacancies, to share information and best practice and to promote gender equality and the attached benefits.
- Attend meetings with employers to source vacancies, work placements and provide in-employment support.
- Deliver employability interventions on a one to one or group basis to achieve the target number of employment outcomes.
- Advise, guide, and match trainees to employment opportunities.
- Liaise with both trainees and employers to identify any in-placement/employment support required.
- Record all contact with trainees through MIS system and ensure 100% compliant use of systems and tools to support own caseload management and employment opportunities.
- Ensure that appropriate information is collected from trainees and /or employers and recorded to substantiate financial / performance claims.
- Manage own professional development and undertake necessary training as identified in performance reviews.
- Meet or exceed targets, KPIs and success indicators that are set and agreed.
- Support the process of evaluating the experience of trainees and employers on completing or leaving a programme. Identify success stories and collect appropriate information to use in promotional material.
- Ensure a professional and positive working relationship with internal and external customers and continually strive to exceed customer expectations.
- Adhere to the company’s policies and procedures at all times, including but not limited to Equal Opportunities, Quality, Health and Safety, Information Security and IT.
- Such other duties and responsibilities as may be determined from time to time.
The above mentioned duties are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out such other appropriate duties as may be required by the line manager, with the level of the post and the competency of the post holder.
The details contained in this job description reflect the requirements of the role at the date it was prepared. Over time roles may change, existing duties may no longer be required and other duties may be gained without changing the general nature of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Consequently, People 1st will expect to revise this job description from time to time.
Application closing date: 12th May 2017, 12noon.
For a job application pack contact Sean Hackett by email at email@example.com.