The Local Employment Intermediary Service Plus (LEMIS+)
This project is part fund by the European Social Fund
This is an initiative designed to help unemployed people in the community overcome those issues that may be preventing them from finding and keeping a job.
How does the service work?
The service provided is person-centred, flexible and puts the needs of the client first. You can use the service on a voluntary basis, at a time that suits you, and this will not affect any benefits you may receive.
A job mentor will provide you with one-to-one support and create an action plan to help you get a job. Job mentors have extensive knowledge of the labour market and provide a professional employment service ‘on your doorstep', at their offices and at outreach centres in your community.
Who can use the service?
We provide this service in Armagh, Banbridge, Craigavon, Lisburn, North Down & Ards, Down, and Newry and Mourne area to the following people:
- Benefit recipients (for example, people receiving Incapacity Benefit, Employment Support Allowance, Severe Disablement Allowance, Income Support, Carers’ Allowance and Job Seekers Allowance (providing you meet certain LEMIS+ eligibility conditions)
- Out of work partners of benefit recipients
- People who are not claiming any benefits, including returners to the labour market
- Young people not linked to the benefits system or engaged in employment, education or training
- Individuals with a history of drug/alcohol abuse
- Care leavers aged 16 years +
The LEMIS+ programme offers an impartial, confidential advice and support service to help people find a job which best suits their skills and abilities.
What support will I receive?
The job mentor can support and help you find a job by providing information, advice, guidance and practical help in:
• Motivation and self-confidence building
• Developing solutions to overcome barriers
• Looking at employment opportunities
• Finding the type of job you want
• CV preparation and completing job application forms
• Job interview techniques
• Benefit advice and calculations on returning to work
• Providing information on issues such as childcare
• Career, training and educational opportunities guidance
• Supporting you if you gain employment
For more information please contact an adviser in YOUR AREA:
Lisburn & South Down
James Mc Corry 028 90875875 / 0784 7807903 email@example.com
People 1st Office, 44 Railway Street, Lisburn, BT28 1XP
North Down & Ards
Johnny Watson 028 90268673 / 0784 7807903 firstname.lastname@example.org
People 1st Office, Suite 1 Ormeau House, 91-97 Ormeau Road, Belfast, BT7 1SH
Newry & Mourne
Jordi Boxberger 028 30825535 email@example.com
Karen Campbell 028 30825535 firstname.lastname@example.org
People 1st Office, Ballybot House, 28 Cornmarket, Newry, BT35 8BG
Banbridge, Armagh, Portadown, Lurgan & Craigavon
Maretta Nicolson 028 40621899 email@example.com
People 1st Office, 3 Castlewellan Road, Banbridge, BT32 4AX
For other programmes we offer for jobseekers, please click here